To use the glossary, simply click on the first letter of
the term of interest below:
- In economic equations, Annuity, with end of period cash
- A or A'
- In economic equations, a total amount of money that flows continuously and uniformly during each period for a specified number of periods.
- Accelerated Cost Recovery System (ACRS)
- A 1981 US tax law providing a system of accelerated straight-line depreciation in four tax classes with 3-, 5-, 10- and 15-year life. 7- and 20-year property lives were added in 1986. Alternatively, longer depreciation lives may be used.
- The analysis, classification and interpretation of financial data.
- Accounting cycle
- The length of the period between company financial transaction summaries, generally monthly, quarterly or annually.
- Accounting life
- The lifetime of an asset as determined by accounting methods.
- Accrual Accounting
- A method of accounting often used in business, where expenses and revenues are entered when earned or billed, not when payment is received or disbursed.
- Accelerated Cost Recovery System
- Asset Depreciation Range
- Ad Valorem Taxes
- From the Latin meaning literally according to the worth. Also known as property taxes and other taxes, these taxes usually recur annually and receive the same mathematical treatment in an economic study as expenses like maintenance and repairs.
- Annual Equivalent Costs, which see.
- 1. Capital asset case: The recovery of the capital cost of an asset by means of periodic charges to operations. Depreciation is an example.
- 2. Dictionary: The gradual extinction of a debt by periodic repayments to a fund or creditor.
- 3. Engineering economics case: The repayment of capital for a project plus the return on capital while the capital is being used by the project, expressed as a uniform annual amount.
- Annual Costs (AC)
- A type of comparative cost study where all relevant cash flows are converted into annual costs.
- Annual Report
- A financial report made at the end of the fiscal year which gives the past year's financial transactions and the results.
- Annuity (A)
- A series of equal cash flows occurring each period over a range of periods.
- Items owned which may be convertible into cash including cash, accounts receivable, inventory, promissory notes, securities, machinery, tax credits, and real estate. Opposite of liability.
- Asset Depreciation Range (ADR)
- A set of ranges of useful depreciation lifetimes for various types of assets. These were established by the US IRS.
- Annual Equivalent Costs (AEC)
- AEC is the annual equivalent of PWAC: AEC = PWAC (A/P,i,N). An AEC study is similar to an Annual Cost study but with fewer constraints.
- A third-pary professional review of an organization's financial statements as to accuracy and honesty.
Disclaimer and Copyright
© 2006 - 2012 Acleris