To use the glossary, simply click on the first letter of
the term of interest below:
- Wide Area Network, typically an inter-city network.
- Wavelet image coding
- Unlike the broadband DCT used for video compression for applications like videoconferencing and DBS in algorithms like H.263 and MPEG2, wavelet coding is generally narrow band, with the coding and filtering tailored to a specific application. Wavelet coding is especially efficient and powerful when applied to phenomena with discontinuous or spiky data. Some wavelet
applications include compression of well-defined data sets such as signatures and fingerprints. At the other extreme, wavelet coding may be used for machine vision and more complex applications.
- In addition to image processing, the wavelet mathematical functions are widely used for digital signal processing for diverse applications ranging from astronomy to seismology.
- An unspecified type of Digital Subscriber Line. May be one of
ADSL, HDSL, IDSL, MSDSL, RADSL, SDSL or VDSL (which see).
- A circular three-conductor shielded connector commonly used in professional applications for connection of low-level balanced audio signals to and from equipment.
- eXtensible Markup Language, descends from SGML and is a standard for the exchange of structured and networked data on the Web. XML documents can define their own tags, providing outstanding flexibility.
To use the glossary, click on the first letter of
the term of interest:
Disclaimer and Copyright
© 2006 - 2012 Acleris