To use the glossary, simply click on the first letter of
the term of interest below:
- The former US National Bureau of Standards. See NIST
- Network Control Protocol (PPP usage)
- Network Equipment Building Standards. A set of standards for
equipment to be installed in telco central offices.
- Network Interface Card (PC usage, often referring to an Ethernet 10/100/1000baseT device).
- US National Institute of Standards and Technology; formerly
US National Bureau of Standards (NBS).
- Noise reduction (electroacoustic)
- In acoustic echo cancellers (AECs), a type of filtering which reduces the amplitude of noise sources within a teleconference room transmitted to a distant conference room.
- The National Television System Committee 525-line color-television standard used in North America and Japan. It is synonymous with CCIR System M.
- Nippon Telephone and Telegraph, the principal Japanese common carrier. As AT&T has done in the USA, so NTT has produced many of the transmission standards used in Japan.
- Nyquist Criterion
- From sampling theory, for a sine wave, the sampling frequency must be no less than twice the maximum signal frequency.
- Optical Carrier level 1: 51.84 Mbps.
- Optical Carrier level 3: 155.52 Mbps.
- 8-bits of data (European usage), the same as a modern byte
To use the glossary, click on the first letter of
the term of interest:
Disclaimer and Copyright
© 2006 - 2012 Acleris